Download and print a "Buckle Up America" and a "Don't Drive Distracted" sign to share with your peers in your high school's common area.
According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), for drivers 15-19 years old involved in fatal crashes, 21 percent of the distracted drivers were distracted by the use of cell phones. For more statistics on texting and driving, please visit Distraction.gov.
Sign up for the Reduce Teen Crashes program and download the "Buckle Up America" and "Don't Drive Distracted" signs to complete this activity.
To Get Your Points:
1. Download and print both signs to be hung in your school's common area.
2. Take a photo of the signs that demonstrates their role in creating awareness (Ex: students posing next to the sign).
3. Click "Submit Your Points."
4. Enter the name of the submitter and select the activity completed, the county, and school.
5. Upload your school's photo and a brief description of the activity (including the date of completion and any people pictured in the photo).